Use of X-Ray Equipment Can Possibly Lead to Cancer
Federal Law Enforcement Officers and Agents may be at risk!
Recently, it has been reported that Federal Law Enforcement Officers and Agents are getting cancer possibly as a result of working with certain radiation devices. There are Border Patrol Agents affected, see here. We currently are working on two cases of Customs and Border Protection Officers who have also been diagnosed with cancer which could possibly be as a result of their employment duties. If you have, or someone you know has, worked with any Non-Intrusive Inspection (NII) Equipment such as Gamma Ray Systems, Z-Portal, Z- Backscatter Van, Portable Contraband Detector “Buster”, VACIS, and Radiation Portal Monitor, you/they may be at a high risk of getting cancer. If you are a Federal Law Enforcement Officer/Agent, or know someone, who has been diagnosed with cancer, please contact us to setup a free consultation.
Contact Us For An Appointment!
You can also send us a message here via our contact form here or by scrolling down to end of this post.
What is Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma and Symptoms?
Papillary carcinoma of the thyroid is the most common type of thyroid cancer. This cancer is most common in adults over the age of 45. Papillary carcinoma of the thyroid is a slow-growing cancer that typically develops in only one lobe of the thyroid gland. When caught in its early stages this cancer has a high survival rate. One of the possible causes of this cancer is radiation exposure at harmful levels.
- Papillary carcinoma of the thyroid is generally asymptomatic, which means it doesn’t have any symptoms. You might feel a lump on your thyroid but most nodules on the thyroid aren’t cancerous. But if you do feel a lump, you should still see your doctor. They’ll be able to give you an exam and order diagnostic tests if necessary.
What is Medullary Thyroid Cancer and Symptoms?
Medullary thyroid cancer is a rare form of thyroid cancer, accounting for only 3 to 4 percent of thyroid cancer diagnoses. Because of this, detecting the cancer early can be difficult. Medullary thyroid cancer commonly advances from the thyroid into the lymph nodes. Undiagnosed medullary thyroid cancer can spread into other neck tissues and eventually reach the liver, lungs, bone, and brain. Once it reaches distant parts of the body it’s unlikely to be cured. One of the possible causes of this cancer is radiation exposure at harmful levels.
- Neck Lump;
- Neck Pain;
- Trouble Swallowing (Dysphagia); and/or
- Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea).
Other Symptoms & Signs:
- Severe Diarrhea;
- Cushing Syndrome;
- Facial Flushing;
- Bone Pain;
- Lethargy; and/or
- Weight Loss.
Setup Your Free Consultation!
Mr. Garcia was the General Counsel for the National Border Patrol Council Local 3307 representing Border Patrol Agents in the Rio Grande Valley Border Patrol Sector from 2002 through 2014. He is experienced in representing Federal Law Enforcement Officers/Agents. Call the Law Offices of Roberto M. Garcia located in Edinburg, Texas and set an appointment to speak with Mr. Garcia. Click here to contact us. There is no charge for the initial consultation. Again, you can contact us via the following information:
- Mr. Garcia has been practicing law for over 40 years. He has many years of experience representing Federal Law Enforcement Officers/Agents and Civilians.
- We are local! Located in Edinburg, Texas, you will be able to speak us directly. There is no need to speak to anyone outside of the Rio Grande Valley.
- At The Law Offices of Roberto M. Garcia, we understand that communication is paramount and vital for those suffering from a cancer diagnosis. We also understand the law enforcement culture. All calls and emails are answered immediately or within 24 hours.